FULL TIME (40h)
IST Austria is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in the life, physical, and formal sciences, located in Klosterneuburg on the outskirts of Vienna in Austria.
Electron Microscopy facility at IST Austria is expanding in the cryo-EM field. The complete cryo-EM infrastructure, which covers both SPA and cryo-ET workflow on the top level, is going to be established at IST Austria within this year. Following setups are going to be installed: 300kV TEM Titan Krios (Phase-plate, 2x DDD, BioQuantum); 200kV TEM Glacios (Phase-plate, DDD), Cryo-FIB/SEM Aquilos. To strengthen our team, we are looking for highly motivated person fulfilling our requirements who will be highly motivated to take over cryo-EM related responsibility in a challenging international environment.
- Operating and maintenance of cryo-EM equipment.
- Monitoring of systems, regular system check including systems alignment.
- Training, assistance, on-site support and supervision of users.
- Monitoring of compliance with rules.
- Active contribution to the development of the EM facility.
- An advanced degree (M.S./Ph.D.) in Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, Structural Biology or Physics.
- Practical experience with cryo-EM application areas (sample preparation, single particle and/or tomography data collection, data processing), which includes all or most of the following SW: EPU, FEI Tomography suite, Serial EM, Imod, Relion.
- Experience with cryo-CLEM and FIB milling is an advantage.
- Min. 2 years of high-end cryo-EM hands-on experience.
- Excellent team player that can also work independently.
- High degree of reliability, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Service oriented approach towards researches.
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills in English.
To apply for this position send your application in one combined pdf (including CV, certificates and references) by e-mail to: email@example.com
Manager of Electron Microscopy Facility
Phone: +43-(0)2243 9000 1066